Monday, July 5, 2010

Too Many Lawyers

There have been quite a few stories lately about how recent law school grads can't find a job - isn't this just (over) supply and (lack of) demand? Shouldn't that mean the price for a lawyer should drop? We'll see how that works out.

One of the more interesting solutions has been grade inflation at law schools. At what point do you admit defeat? What kind of world would we live if people said,"You know, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my life, so I'm going to get a master's in engineering." I'm pretty sure a bunch of inexperienced, arrogant 26 year-olds with engineering degrees is going to make for at least a marginally better world than the same group with law degrees. The engineers could just make a bunch of pointlessly over-designed products that no one would ever purchase instead of filing frivolous lawsuits.

No comments: